Terms of Service
Terms and phrases
Terms of service refer to Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time.
Specific meaning in this document:
- “content” means all information (examples are data files, text, software, any music, video or image files) which the user may have access to as through your use of the Service;
- “access” can refer to visiting the website; loading of content in a software browser or viewers or players which co-opTV specifically provides or enables; access also includes content through use of mobile applications, mobile phone or any software or application or device which engages with the Service;
- “protected property” means the content of all patents, copyrights, designs, trademarks, models, brands, names, trade names, graphics, icons, specific knowledge, trade secrets and any other type of protected property in connection with the service which we own or possess;
- “RIC Act” means the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication Related Information Act 70 of 2002;
- “Service” means co-opTV’s website (or any interaction with the website), content, content syndicated from co-opTV’s curators, co-opTV’s products, co-opTV’s software and/or co-opTV’s services which are accessible through the website;
- “trademarks” means those trademarks we own and any other slogans, designs, logos, style names, tag lines and slogans which we own or have the right to use;
- “website” means www.co-opTV.com and each and every website co-opTV owns, hosts, operates or administers, including all sub-pages, parts or elements thereof, excluding links to external websites;
- “ECTA” refers to the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002;
- “the user” means you and all visitors to the Service and any other person seeking to interact with the Service;
- “co-opTV”, refers to a production of LRP CC, a proprietary of the service or website;
- “co-op” refers to any channel provided as a service on the website;
- “curator” is the third party entity, producer or director responsible for the content of a co-op;
Terms and Conditions
It remains solely your responsibility not to access any content that may be inappropriate.
No framing or bordering of any part or page of this Website is allowed without prior written consent from co-opTV. Third party websites may not imply that co-opTV is in any way endorsing the products or services offered on such website. By accessing this service, the user agrees to comply with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct.
Personal information collected by co-opTV may include your name, current address, phone numbers, e-mail address and any other information relevant to providing the user with the service the user request. Personal information is collected through our site when the user knowingly and voluntarily submits information. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information consistent with any applicable privacy laws of South Africa.
co-opTV collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- co-opTV maintains a contact database in order to manage our dealings with the user.
- The contact details we hold are those provided to us by the user through this web site.
- Directly from the user, when the user provide information by phone, email or in person.
- From third parties such as our service provision partners.
- From publicly available sources of information.
co-opTV takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate. To keep this information accurate we recommend that the user keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your contact details.
The user agrees to permit co-opTV to monitor user communications, to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all communications the user sends or posts to or using the website and/or to any of co-opTV’s directors, employees, officers and/or third party curators, subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act 70 of 2002 (“the RIC Act”).
Disclaimers, limitation of liability and indemnity
The Service is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. co-opTV makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website. Your use of the services is at your own risk and the user indemnifies co-opTV, its directors, officers, employees any third party curators from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from the user’s use of and access to the co-opTV service and/or Website, your violation of any term of these Terms of Service, your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, co-opTV, its channels (Co-ops) its directors, employees, and third party curators (including as a result of co-opTV’s negligent acts or any other circumstance), disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the website and your use thereof. co-opTV makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site's content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any content, damages, injury, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the co-opTV service, any unauthorized access to or use of our host server and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, any interruption or cessation of transmission of our service, any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our website. co-opTV does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility in any way for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the co-opTV website or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising.
Dealings with Third Parties
Any links from the Website to a third party website does not amount to an endorsement or guarantee of the third party website; and co-opTV shall not be held directly or indirectly accountable as result of the contents or lack of contents on a linked third party website. co-opTV also does not accept responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites, and advises users to consult third party websites' terms and conditions in this regard.
For any disclosures required by the ECTA, complaints and/or right infringements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org